Homework expectations remain consistent:
- Spelling- Each Monday there will be a weekly spelling list sent home and a spelling menu filled with fun activities and ideas to help you make studying spelling words fun. Please return the menu and note the activities you did by initialling them on the spelling menu. Send this back on Friday. That is they day of the test unless it is a short week in this case the test will be on Thursday.
- Math Homework
- 2 MY MATH Homework sheets. These sheets review the subtraction concepts we are working on in class.
- Reading Home Work Expectations
- Please read nightly with your child a minimum of 20 minutes. Model fluent reading by reading to your child and have them follow along with their finger.
- Ask questions about what they read to insure they are comprehending what they read.
- Sign the reading log every night and send back to school with the book and zip-lock baggie.
- Contact me with concerns about the difficulty of the backpack reading book. If the book seems too hard or too easy please let me know. Books should be at the instructional level.
- Pet Unit Project- Please send in a picture of a family pet for a writing project.
- Dear Parents,
Please check your child's homework folder for the Valentine List. (We have a new girl that will be joining our class midmonth) Valentine's Day and the 100th Day both land on the same day this year.(Feb 14) 100h day activities will take place in the morning and Valentine's Day will be celebrated at the end of the day at 1:30-2:15. We will make Valentine Bags at school. No need to send boxes from home. I have one parent that has volunteered to send in drinks for the Valentine Party. Email me if you want to send a healthy or sweet treat. I will also send a more detailed information sheet about what to send for the 100th day home in folders this coming Monday Feb. 5th
Please take a moment to review the newsletter that was emailed to you or sent home in your child's folder. It has more information about our class service project, academic updates, and important dates coming up this month!
I have posted the October Newsletter for your convenience. Please click on the About Mrs. Beznoska button above. You will also find other helpful links below.
First Grade Teacher
Rolling Hills Public Charter
There will be many opportunities to volunteer this year. Parent volunteers are welcome and deeply appreciated.
Here are just a few ways you can help out in our 1st grade class!
Help with reading and writing centers
Help with Root for Green Program Tuesdays after school. You may bring your child.
Grade papers or do projects from home
Organize Scholastic Book Orders
Share a holiday tradition with the class.
Spelling City: Use the link above to go to spelling activities on line. The spelling lists will be added each week.
Our Scholastic book order class code is: 1802480499 See link below.