Homework expectations remain consistent:
- Math Homework
- 2-4 MY MATH Homework sheets. These sheets review the math concepts we are working on in class.
- Students will have Penmanship homework Mon-Thurs. Do one page a night (front and back) turn the packet in on Friday or Monday morning. Please have them write in pencil and check that they have made their letters neatly and correctly. You may need to read directions to them at the bottom of the page.
- Spelling starts the 4th week of School- Each Monday there will be a weekly spelling list sent home and a spelling menu filled with fun activities and ideas to help you make studying spelling words fun. Please return the menu and note the activities you did by initialing them on the spelling menu. Send this back on Friday. That is they day of the test unless it is a short week in this case the test will be on Thursday.
- Reading Home Work Expectations start the 4th week of School
- Please read nightly with your child a minimum of 20 minutes. Model fluent reading by reading to your child and have them follow along with their finger.
- Ask questions about what they read to insure they are comprehending what they read.
- Sign the reading log every night and send back to school with the book and zip-lock baggie.
- Contact me with concerns about the difficulty of the backpack reading book. If the book seems too hard or too easy please let me know. Books should be at the instructional level.
Please take a moment to review the March newsletter that was emailed to you . It has more information about our class , academic updates, and important dates coming up this month!
First Grade Teacher
Rolling Hills Public Charter
There will be many opportunities to volunteer this year. Parent volunteers are welcome and deeply appreciated.
Here are just a few ways you can help out in our 1st grade class!
Help with reading and writing centers
Help with Root for Green Program Tuesdays after school. You may bring your child.
Grade papers or do projects from home
Organize Scholastic Book Orders
Share a holiday tradition with the class.
Spelling City: Use the link above to go to spelling activities on line. The spelling lists will be added each week.
Our Scholastic book order class code is: 1802480499 See link below.