Homework expectations remain consistent:
- Spelling- Each Monday there will be a weekly spelling list sent home and a spelling menu filled with fun activities and ideas to help you make studying spelling words fun. Please return the menu and note the activities you did by initialling them on the spelling menu. Send this back on Friday. That is they day of the test unless it is a short week in this case the test will be on Thursday.
- Math Homework
- 2-4 MY MATH Homework sheets. These sheets review the math concepts we are working on in class.
- Reading Home Work Expectations
- Please read nightly with your child a minimum of 20 minutes. Model fluent reading by reading to your child and have them follow along with their finger.
- Ask questions about what they read to insure they are comprehending what they read.
- Sign the reading log every night and send back to school with the book and zip-lock baggie.
- Contact me with concerns about the difficulty of the backpack reading book. If the book seems too hard or too easy please let me know. Books should be at the instructional level.
- Dear Parents,
Please take a moment to review the Spring newsletter that was emailed to you or sent home in your child's folder. It has more information about our class Earth Day Project, academic updates, and important dates coming up this month!
First Grade Teacher
Rolling Hills Public Charter
There will be many opportunities to volunteer this year. Parent volunteers are welcome and deeply appreciated.
Here are just a few ways you can help out in our 1st grade class!
Help with reading and writing centers
Help with Root for Green Program Tuesdays after school. You may bring your child.
Grade papers or do projects from home
Organize Scholastic Book Orders
Share a holiday tradition with the class.
Spelling City: Use the link above to go to spelling activities on line. The spelling lists will be added each week.
Our Scholastic book order class code is: 1802480499 See link below.